Please put these events on your calendar:
Welcome to June. There is no training this month however we are doing all of our quarterly home evaluations so be ready!! See you soon.
For those who need FAMILY PRACTICE MODEL TRAINING please reserve the date ofThe Salt Lake Valley region of DCFS will be conducting another round of practice model training.
March 4, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For direct care staff (proctor parents, home consultants, trackers, etc.)
April 1, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. For administrators, clinical and volunteer staff
Please send participants to the right course. The certificates will specify which course they attend, which is unique to the contract and the material is tailored for the audience. Contracts may require them to attend the right course, despite time spent in the other.
Some points to remember:
- 1. We have worked to reduce the time in class but still meet the training requirement. We are unable to issue credit for the training 15 minutes after the start time. Please share this with your staff.
- 2. While the safety, permanence and well-being of children is the main purpose of our organizations, we are needing participants to arrange other care for children/teens during the training. The smaller time commitment requires their undivided attention.
- 3. Please register by emailing Daniel Rich Email so that we may plan for materials and seating. A confirmation from him is necessary to be considered registered. Registration is closed one week prior to the class or sooner, based on capacity.
- 4. To avoid doubts or miscommunication, participants will receive a certificate the day of training if the attendance requirements are met. Also a record will be sent to contracts at the state and region level. Copies of certificates are the responsibility of the participant. If someone leaves without a certificate, assume that requirements have not been met.
- 5. It is only necessary to attend the appropriate session once. The trainings are offered at the Oquirrh office,
2655 South Lake Erie Dr. (3800 West).