New Staff Training
Staff Training is an intrical part of our program.
New Staff are required to complete the new staff hire documents
- Orientation to requirments of this contract
- Review the DHS Provider Code of Conduct
- The New Leaf ER and business continutity plan including emergency response and evacuation procedures.
- Abuse and Harassment training, including but not limited to physical, emotional, and sexual abuse and harassment, for all staff coming in contact with clients that icludes the following:
- Zero Tolerance policy for abuse and harassment
- How to comply with New Leaf abuse and harassment prevention and response policy and procedures
- A client's rights to be free from abuse and negelect
- The rights of client's and employees to be free from retaliation for reporting abuse and harassment
- How to detect and respond to signs of threated and actual abuse
- How to avoid inappropriate relationships with clients
- How to coply with laws related to mandatory reporting of absue to outside authorities
- Laws regarding unlawful sexual activity witha minor
Non-clinical direct care staff may recieve credit for prior training on an hour-by-hour basis provided there is written documentation of the training content, where, when, and who provided the training , that the training was in the following areas and was recieved within a period of two years prior to employment with New Leaf
Review of reqirements of Division contracts
Provider Code of Conduct
Review "Use of Confidential Information social mediums" section of the contract and Confidential Information.
Emergency Managment and business Continutity including respone and evacuation >See ER Response plan
Review of Medication Management
Documentation for Trackers
- YIS services overview
- Incident Reporting see JJS Section 05 (Safety, Security, and Supervision) manual 05-15A and form sample 05-15 B and C
Documentation for Therapists
- under construction
Class is in session.. grab a pen and paper!
Training today will be about 2 hours.
Take notes and create your plan as you go through the paces of new-family training, you'll be done before you know it and have a head full of info too.
We begin with introducton topics. Each topic is followed by a short quiz. When applicable; there will be a form or worksheet to fill out, post it up in your home, and you will be better prepared for your home review.
|Provider Code of Conduct||Structure||Quiz|
|NLA Business Continuity Plan||Rules||Quiz|
Harassement and Zero Tolerance
|Signs and laws regarding abuse||Home||Informative, no quiz|
|Orientation to the contract 1||Contract1||Quiz|
|Orientation to the contract 2||Home||Quiz|
|Zero Abuse and Harassement||Video Home||Quiz|