Staff New Hire
Staff Training is an intrical part of our program.
New Staff are required to complete the new staff hire documents
- Orientation to requirments of this contract
- Review the DHS Provider Code of Conduct
- The New Leaf ER and business continutity plan including emergency response and evacuation procedures.
- Abuse and Harassment training, including but not limited to physical, emotional, and sexual abuse and harassment, for all staff coming in contact with clients that icludes the following:
- Zero Tolerance policy for abuse and harassment
- How to comply with New Leaf abuse and harassment prevention and response policy and procedures
- A client's rights to be free from abuse and negelect
- The rights of client's and employees to be free from retaliation for reporting abuse and harassment
- How to detect and respond to signs of threated and actual abuse
- How to avoid inappropriate relationships with clients
- How to coply with laws related to mandatory reporting of absue to outside authorities
- Laws regarding unlawful sexual activity witha minor
Non-clinical direct care staff may recieve credit for prior training on an hour-by-hour basis provided there is written documentation of the training content, where, when, and who provided the training , that the training was in the following areas and was recieved within a period of two years prior to employment with New Leaf